Skip to content
- Inflation is running too hot for comfort.
- The Fed is in the early stages of a tightening campaign aimed at curbing those inflation pressures.
- The underpinnings of the economy are reasonably sound, supported by a historically tight labor market and healthy consumer finances.
- Corporate America is holding up fairly well, with profits expected to rise at a decent clip this year.
- Stocks are under pressure amid an increasing fear that the Fed is going to topple the economy into recession.
- Bonds are enduring similar pressure amid sharply higher interest rates.